Become a part of your community. Buy local goods. Meet your neighbors. Get active in grassroots movements.
Meet and Get Active
- Meetup.com: You can find affinity groups local to you by using this site.
- GOOD Local: Apply by Fri, Feb 1st to become a local chapter leader.
- Who Hill: A group of campers, festies and deadheads.
- Snipes Farm & Education Center: Their mission is to model and teach sustainable farming while creating community and reconnecting people to the land.
- Appel Farm Arts & Music Center: Appel Farm’s mission is “to provide people of all ages, cultures and economic backgrounds with a supportive, cooperative environment in which to explore the fine and performing arts.”
Since I’m local to the Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware area in Northeast USA, I’ll start with groups and services that I know here.
- Cyn Love Dyes: Tie-Dyes made with love.
- Viola Lee Hoops: Homemade LED Hoops from a lovely lady.
- The PositiVibration: Positive News/Music/Art, Video Production, Artist & Event Promotion
Philanthropy: Donate your time, skills, or money.
- Unbroken Chain Foundation: Created in the spring of 1997 by Phil Lesh and friends, the Unbroken Chain Foundation is a nonprofit organization which seeks to perpetuate the long-standing tradition of community service that has been the hallmark of the remarkable three-decade relationship between the Grateful Dead and its audience.
- Rex Foundation: In the fall of 1983, the Rex Foundation was established as a non-profit charitable organization by members of the Grateful Dead and friends to further this tradition.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation: The Electronic Frontier Foundation was founded in July of 1990 in response to a basic threat to speech.